Thursday, June 14, 2007

Days off

I've been taking full advantage of my time off. Wednesday I traveled to majestic Mt. Fuji, and went to a natural hotsprings spa at the foothills of the mountain. I had an okay one hour shiatsu - but the hot water and cold plunges were wonderful.

Tuesday I went
to a museum in the Ueno section of Tokyo. I saw some very interesting contemporary art at the Royal Museum. Then I went back to the Asukasa section (getting pretty proficient riding the rails here) to buy kimonos for Randi and Olivia.

On Tuesday night, director
Koizumi-san took us out to dinner at the Kurosawa restaurant (owned by his son), with Kurosawa's daughter and grandson (our film's wardrobe designer, and supporting actor). Kind of a Hard Rock Cafe to the film legend - with his original storyboards, and various memorabilia all over,e.g. posters, photos of Mifune and Kurosawa hanging out, etc., according to his daughter they were huge whiskey drinkers.

Hanging here, working, it's pretty amazing. Would love all this work to continue when I return to L.A. - must stay positive -Ya mon!

No comments: